- Centre for Teaching Support & Innovation The establishment of the CTSI reflects UofT’s commitment to teaching in all of its forms, from undergraduate instruction through graduate supervision and clinical practice. Its mandate is to assist our colleagues in the development of instructional skills, recognize teaching excellence and ensure that an effective balance is established between teaching and research.
- Robert Gillespie Academic Skills Centre (UTM) The RGASC provides Faculty, Teaching Assistants and Librarians with advice and assistance with faculty development, curriculum development, assessment techniques, instructional design and other matters concerned with advancing the teaching agenda of the University of Toronto Mississauga. It also serves as UTM's centre for academic support for students as they enhance their academic skills. The double mandate of the Centre to assist faculty and students provides a unique opportunity to align the teaching and learning needs of college.
- Teaching and Learning Services (UTSC) Individualized consultation and assistance on ways to improve teaching. Comprehensive training and resources centre for teaching, including effective lecturing, facilitating discussions, enhancing participation, and classroom management.
- Engineering Communication Program ECP delivers courses and works with faculty to bring communication objectives into engineering courses. The ECP works in conjunction with engineering departments to integrate communications instruction into the engineering curriculum.
- Centre for Faculty Development (Faculty of Medicine) Supports the academic mission of the Faculty by enhancing the teaching and education skills of our faculty, supporting education programs of departments and course directors, promoting inter-professional collaboration and teaching and assisting with career and leadership development.
- Teaching Effectiveness Centre (Rotman School of Management) Provides support for and coaching to faculty and TA's in improving their teaching skills. The objectives of the centre are to provide a forum for discussion of teaching issues, to provide resources for the improvement of individuals' teaching skills; and to improve overall teaching standards.
Writing & Learning Support for Students
- Writing Centres at U of T Writing Centres (somestimes called writing Labs or workshops) provide free individual and group instruction in the many different kinds of writing done by University of Toronto students.
- Counselling and Learning Skills Services The CALSS learning skills program includes lectures and individual consultation on such issues as time management, exam preparation/writing, reading course materials, note taking, memory strategies and other aspects of study.
- Health Sciences Writing Centre The Health Sciences Writing Centre offers writing support to undergraduate and graduate students of the following faculties: Dentistry, Pharmacy, Nursing, Physical Education and Health and Social Work.
- iWRITE Project iWRITE is an interactive writing tutoring environment, is web-enabled course ware developed at the University of Toronto by Margaret Procter and colleagues to support the use of written assignments in courses across the disciplines.
- Writing at the University of Toronto
- Advice on Academic Writing
Resources for Graduate Students & TA's